PADI Divemaster Course
Why Become a PADI Divemaster?
Become a PADI Divemaster and do what you love as a career! Scuba divers look up to Divemasters because they are leaders who mentor and motivate others. As a Divemaster, you not only get to dive a lot, but also experience the joy of seeing others have as much fun diving as you do.
Working closely with your PADI Instructor, you’ll fine-tune your dive skills, refine your rescue skills, gain dive knowledge, and develop supervision abilities so you become a role model to divers everywhere. PADI Divemasters are respected dive professionals who are aligned with the largest and most respected dive organization in the world — PADI.
The PADI Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through knowledge development sessions, water skills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities. Topics and practical workshops include:
- • The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- • Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- • Diver safety and risk management
- • Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- • Business of diving and your career
- • Awareness of the dive environment
- • Dive setup and management
- • Mapping an open water site
- • Conducting dive briefings
- • Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- • Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- • Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
and to broaden your abilities.
PADI Divemaster Requirements
PADI Rescue Divers who are at least 18 years old may enroll in the PADI Divemaster course. You also need to have:
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months.
- A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
- At least 40 logged dives to begin the course and 60 dives to earn certification.
PADI Divemasters are respected dive professionals who are aligned with the largest and most respected dive organization in the world — PADI.
PADI Divemaster Course Pricing
Total Cost/Total Hours
Contact Dive Oahu to enroll in the course and get your Crew-Pak, which includes all the materials that you’ll need during the course.